Perthshire is " Big Tree Country" Visit some of the most remarkable trees and woodlands anywhere in Europe. Travel along our leafy country roads and:
- explore remnants of Scotland 's ancient wildwood
- discover where modern forestry began in this country
- wander through the homeland of globetrotting plant hunters
- marvel at the stunning specimens they introduced from around the world
- delight in fanciful follies and grottoes
- perhaps have a close encounter with some of our woodland wildlife
Forests, woods and country gardens offer an unrivalled assortment of glorious greenery, colours changing dramatically with the seasons. A short trip from each hotel takes you to Europe's oldest tree, the world's highest hedge, Britain's tallest tree, the sole survivor from Shakespeare's 'Birnam Wood', Europe's oldest living thing (the Fortingall Yew est. 3000 - 5000 years old)...the list goes on.
Fully escorted coach excursions from Pitlochry during the season, with fares inclusive of admission fees to all attractions visited. Ask your hotel for full details. Some easy walking is included in all tours, so bring outdoor footwear and (perhaps!) waterproofs. Remember that camera!.